Saturday, November 13, 2010

something new to do.....


It's my birthday in a couple of days and my dear old grandpa sent me down some money, and I just happened to see this lovely book so I decided it was a great way to spend my birthday treat!
"Doodle Stitching" by Aimee Ray has me wanting to start covering everything I see in lots of embroidered cuteness! I have not done much embroidery, and don't know how to do proper stitches or anything, but I think I can see myself learning lots of great stuff from this book.
Thought I'd show you some of the yummy little projects and bits of inspiration....


.......loving these little trees, can see a whole forest being created here......



.......gorgeous little balsa wood embroidered charms/broaches , who would think to embroider wood? Looks very doable......


........ gorgeous fruit and veg for shopping bags.......



.......and super cute hand stitched gift tags, embroidering through card, something else to have a go at...


..... here's what you can do when you put it all together!



.....I love these tree motifs, I think they will be my first try things. So, do you want to have a go at embroidery now too? It doesn't seem too hard and it looks pretty hip!




And just a little sneak peak at the completed flower mobile thingamajig, hoping to find a good place to hang it and take some spiffy pics to show you soon!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That book is amazing. My fav is the balsa wood. I'd love to learn how to do that. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!