Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spring is in the air!!!!



It has been a beautiful day here; after a week of cold, windy, rainy weather the sun was out in a cloudless sky and Spring feels just around the corner. Our manchurian pear is always the first tree to blossom in our garden and it is a gorgeous sight with the little white flowers popping open everywhere. How blue is that sky, hey? BEAUTIFUL!!




My poppies are looking a bit battered from all the wind, but are covered in new buds that are bravely opening into the most vivid colours in the garden; always welcome after a few months of winter greyness. The bees are loving it too, with several fighting over the same flower, pushing each other out of the way in their eagerness for fresh pollen.



More poppy colour.


I think the reddish pinkish ones are my favourite.





I think I must be coming down with a case of spring fever, as I was overcome by the urge to clean today, something that doesn't happen to me very often!!! It happens so rarely, in fact, that I had to photograph the result of a massive cleanup of my kitchen, it just looks sooo nice all clean and tidy. And I can see the benches!! (Usually fairly well covered with general household junk). If only it could stay this organized, I'd feel more like the domestic goddess I know is lurking somewhere inside me!(DEEP inside me, it has to be said!) I still love my kitchen and all it's colour and am glad we chose colours that make us happy and are right for us, and didn't worry about what other people thought of our choices. I love the results!

I am going to try and take advantage of this fleeting cleaning frenzy and tackle a few other rooms in the house that are in desperate need of some attention, there are a few to choose from!

I didn't really progress much with my crochet this weekend, but I did buy some lovely wool on Friday that I might just have to photo this week and show you , lots of lovely colour!!
Bye and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your kitchen. Nice colours.
    It's better than boring white.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!