Wednesday, May 7, 2014

little makes interlude.....


Hello!
How is your week going?  It's pretty chilly around here, and I have been lighting the fire early in the day, it's been a nice place to sit and do a bit of daytime crochet, I have so many projects on the go that I am needing to crochet during the day, the evening sessions are just not cutting it!

The other day I bought a collection of little ceramic bottles, they are very plain and white, I think they are just crying out for a little hooky make over, so have started making some stripy covers for them.
I know this is totally frivolous and a purely decorative project, but it is kind of fun choosing stripe combinations and seeing the colourful collection grow!  Sometimes it is good to have little side project on the go that you can work on when you need a break from bigger, more demanding work!
I am looking forward to having this whole tray full of colourful, stripy little bottle vases, so cute!




After all the big projects I have been working on recently, it's nice to have a quick make off the hook.

I am about to start a new Harlequin blanket in some lovely blues and greens, so it is back to the big stuff for a few weeks,  I have also come across some fun craft projects that I 'd like to try, I just have to be patient and wait for a spare afternoon to have a go.

Are you making anything frivolous at the moment?

Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

23 comments:

  1. They are certainly cute! And far too gorgeous to be called 'frivolous'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Julie !
    my English is very poor. Your projet is so cute. I have a funny projet too. I make a swiffer with the fur point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pretty! hand made not always has to be for some usable purpose, it is for soul too :) I love your colorful bottle cozies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Jules. I agree its good to have a couple of things on the go, especially if one of those things is quite concentration heavy.
    Enjoy your crocheting by the fire,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely way to add some colour to those beautifully simple bottles. And it's great to have an easy project in between bigger WIPs...I've just finished a new shawl, but I have three - no four - other hooky projects on the go! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just need to do something fun don't you, you need a quick gain! I have several things on the go at once and whole list waiting to be started, so nothing wrong in doing more than one thing at a time if you ask me! Your little bottles are lovely, I look forward to seeing them all done and in use! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They add so much to the already pretty bottles. Great idea!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great Jules, their little hooky makeover makes all the difference. Have a lovely week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyond cute! I have some little glass bottles in a similar shape, crying out for attention. This is a greta idea and I hope you dont mind if I steal it!
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw they are very cute, remind me of old fashioned milk bottles but with cosy jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so adorable, such simplicity but full of colour and love, they have certainly made me smile today, thanks for the inspiration. : ).
    I'm currently working on Mandalas, they seem to be on tread at the moment, plus my Miss is making Dreamcatchers next week at school and I've been asked to help as I love wool soooo much. : ) thanks from Julie of crochetandsmile

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look fab & hey, they would make an awesome gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty :) Great upcycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY WORD........Just LOVE these! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful, easy idea! These are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Frivolous!? If it means it brings a huge smile to ones face, than yes, by all means frivolous! ;) I love making "frivolous" things, you can never smile enough, I say! Those are so adorable, I could see those in that tray on a cover of some decorating magazine. My plans recently for some frivolous hooky is a yarn bombed old bicycle for my garden, with baskets of flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They sure do look a lot happier with their little stripey covers. All I do is easy, simple projects. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing at all as my elbow is so sore. Booo!

    They're very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are absolutely adorable! Love the little white bottles, they look so pretty with their sweet colourful stripy covers :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute idea to get a little splash of color! Love the bottles.

    Birgitta xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!