Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Yarn in the shop! Baby Cashmerino!


Hello.
I have been busy today updating my yarn shop with this gorgeous stuff.  I received my shipment of Debbie Bliss's Baby Cashmerino yesterday, and I have to say I am really happy with it.  You know how you can see things online and then they are disappointing in real life?  Well, this is happily not the case with this yarn!  I am sure lots of you have used this before, but it is not easy to come by where I live so this is my first encounter with Cashmerino, and it is very soft and tactile!

So now my shop has 19 colours available in Baby Cashmerino, and I am wondering which colour to try out first!  I am hoping to add to the colour range as my budget allows and would love to stock the Aran weight Cashmerino too, and some Madeline Tosh, sigh, so many yarns to choose from, I am getting a bit ahead of myself!


......there are bright shades.....


.....and because I like to play around with colour I couldn't help myself putting together a couple of little schemes, I love these muted washed out colours, very vintage feeling don't you think.....


....and these 4 look good together too, red and blue a classic combo really.....


......and then I thought these chalky colours all looked beautiful together too.....


.......very  hard to stop once you start!  I am thinking a little stripy scarf in these 4 shades would be very acceptable for this winter.....maybe with a bit of this mint added in!


Anyway, if you would like to have a little drool for yourself, they are all now available over here!
I have popped a couple of colour collections up too just for fun!

Have you used this yarn before?
Did you like it too?
What's on your hook/needles at the moment?

29 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful! Maybe I need to decide on a pattern before I go shopping though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Patchwork and Play, decide on a pattern and then come pay the shop a visit, you'll be very welcome! :)
      Thanks for visiting, J xx

      Delete
  2. arghh I have been trying to avoid this wool for so long LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe the universe has other ideas for you! :) Thanks for visiting! xxJ

      Delete
  3. I've used it for my crochet CAL. expensive but gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachell, it is a bit of a luxury, but I agree gorgeous and so soft! xx Thanks for visiting! xx J

      Delete
  4. Yum ! Delicious and well worth a good drool. Loving all your colour combinations particularly the ones you have chosen for the winter scarf.
    Enjoy !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, there are so many that look lovely together! xx

      Delete
  5. Yum yum yum! Yes I've used it before and it is divine. I would like them all....I dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, Yes it looks and feels lovely, I can't decide what colour to do a test run with, it was hard to limit myself when ordering these, there are other lovely colours too that I couldn't fit in ! Maybe next order.....xx

      Delete
  6. I hate to tell you this but you will soon find that you are addicted to this yarn and will want to use it all you can!! It really is wonderful and so lovely to work with and to wear when you have made your item. Hope that you have lots of fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, can't what to give it a try out , just got to decide what to make! xx

      Delete
  7. I've never used the Debbie bliss wools but if it is anything like the drops baby merino I can only imagine how squidgeable it will be. I love supersoft wools and would use them all the time if my purse could keep up. Nothing on the hook at present but lots of wips needing the final finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Redsetter, I have heaps of WIP's that I need to finish too, I love using the extra fine merino, but I usually use an Australian brand, so this will be a first for me with the Debbie Bliss too. Thanks for visiting! xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous colours, I bet they are a dream to crochet with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the colours are lovely aren't they! Thanks for visiting Lorna! xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks crochetcookingandmore, they are lovely aren't they! xx

      Delete
  10. Likey! You've put them together very nicely!
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/05/itty-bitty-giraffe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, Putting them together is the fun bit! :) PS. I like your blog! Lots of great patterns, you are a clever lady! xx

      Delete
  11. I have made many things with that yarn, it is gorgeous to work with.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I will be able to say that too one day Meredith, I haven't made anything yet! :) Thanks for visiting! xx

      Delete
  12. I have yet to use it but have drooled over it many times. If there's any money left over this month I may need to get some. I was loving the duck's egg blue and the pinky fleshy color. Like you I am toning down my "brights" and going more for the vintage faded look with maybe one deep color thrown into the mix. It must be wonderful to have all the colors there right in front of you! You must be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing to have all this yarn in the house, I keep getting distracted from other things every time I pass my wool room door! ( I love that I actually have a wool room!! :) ) I love that duck egg/mushroomy pink colour combo too, I still like my brights, but it nice to dabble in something a bit different every now and again. Thanks for visiting Sam I Am, xx

      Delete
  13. tis one of my all time favourite yarns,I come back to it time and again. I just wish they wouldn't keep discontinuing the colours, that's my one complaint. It makes beautiful blankets, soooo warm and snuggly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, seeing all your lovely things that you have made from this yarn was one of the reasons I decided to stock it, I'm looking forward to stealing a few balls and having a bit of hooky time with it! I did see a lot of lovely colours on older colour charts that have disappeared, it does get frustrating when they do that! I think a blanket could be on the cards around these parts too. Thanks for visiting! xxx

      Delete
  14. wow! I love the colors and looks like the colors are fit to babies dress or scarf.
    baby stuff for sale philippines

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart always skips a beat upon seeing such gorgeousness! Happy hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors, would love to try to crochet something using this yarn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!