Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December things...



Hello. 
How is your week going?
We are getting a bit Christmassy here with our Christmas tree up and kind of decorated!
I think this time of year is my favourite, so much good will and fun anticipation, 
(even if it is super busy with end of year things)!
Our tree this year has a bit of a 'Stray-ya' feel happening, with lots of open space 
and nice airy bits,  just like our lovely country!  


I do like the spindly effect and how it brushes the roof, I had to chop out the top to get it inside, so it has lost it's pointy top. I guess I have to get lots of stars for the multiple tops now! 


I think our tree definitely looks like it was made for a hot summer Christmas, all it's branches are splayed out trying to keep cool!  Not everyone at our house likes this sparse look though.  Middle (Andre) is not at all impressed, and doesn't think it looks Christmassy at all.  I am going to put him in charge of decorating the rest of the house, and we can have Christmas decorating 'Andre Style'!


......lots of crochet bits and bobs.....








.....a little crochet decoration from the lovely Lucy's pattern collection.....


....and a sequin masterpiece from the Christmas of 2005 at the Bittern Kindergarten.....it is still as shiny and pretty as ever!


....and here is a new addition to our handmade decoration collection, this little beauty was sent to me by Tania from Ivy Nest blog as part of the Handmade Ornament Swap.  Isn't it just gorgeous! I just love it, the stitching is so fine and delicate, ( I wish I could embroider like that) and I am very partial to a bit of lovely bunting!  Thank you so much Tania, this little tree will be perfectly at home on our big tree with lots of lovely happy Christmases to come! 

19 comments:

  1. love your tree decorations!!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crocheted tree ornaments and the bunting! Tree isn't put up until the 23rd. here in Norway, but l have dug through my tree decorations just for fun :-). Icy cold here these days and l am wrapped up in all my wollies snuggled in front of the fire. Hope you have a great week, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your tree is lovely, the decorations are beautiful and I just love Tania's little tree it's gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tree and of course, so crafty!:) it looks very fresh with all those spaces, like you know, more natural. great job and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tree is great and yes it seems like it has come straight from the Australian outback! brilliant! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your homemade ornaments and the tree. It is so unique . It looks like it moves and design for a Dr. Seuss book. It is such a happy tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very originnal Christmas tree, and I really love your handmade ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is lovely - I like the way it kisses the ceiling too. Does it smell nice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our trees always look perfect at the roadside. We pinch ones from outside a plantation coz they get removed later anyway. We might as well enjoy them. We have so much fun driving around choosing the 'right' tree. But when we get home they are ALWAYS bigger than we thought!. Part of the fun of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your tree. It looks very summery! And that ornament you received is BEAUTIFUL!
    Have a good week, xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is gorgeous. Beautiful ornaments in lovely colours.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you got one of tanias trees, how lovely, I been looking at them on her blog with much admiration, lucky you! XxBrenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of your decorations, they are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree is wild and crazy and beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet! it's almost as if the tree has it's arms up in the air saying 'YaaY!'
    colourful and bright, unlike our UK weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all the homemade decorations make it so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tree, and lots of gorgeous crochet decorations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!