Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hooking up a storm.....


Hello!
This week has flown, and it's already Thursday, and time for a creative space post again.
Today is very cold, rainy and dull here so it is perfect for finishing off my new little make.  Just a peek at it here, I'll show you it all tomorrow when it's all tadah like.

I am enjoying experimenting with crochet stitch combinations, searching for an elusive look, and finding some other stitch patterns that work well along the way.  I am sure there are patterns out there on the internet, but it is fun trying to figure out how to get the look you want all by yourself.
Lot's of colour and a few fiddly parts but I think it is coming together ok! 
Be back tomorrow to show you!

On another note, thank you very much to the lovely ladies who nominated me for a Sunshine award, I appreciate your kind thoughts and I'm glad you find this blog a sunny place to visit! 
Thanks ladies, Peli, Fleur and Laura Miller!

Playing along over here today

15 comments:

  1. Oh your crochet is glorious, the colours are such happiness, neat work, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I just stumbled across your blog. I am a knitter too as well as a quilter. I will be back to see more of your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jules......you're being very mysterious, but I have a feeling there's something rather 'owlish' afoot!!!
    Well done on figuring it out yourself.......much more fun than using someone else's pattern.

    Whatever it is I shall be back tomorrow for the tadah moment.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your colours of your work Im intrigued now as to see what you are making. I will pop back and see ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo cant wait to see! im sure it will be gorgeous work as always!

    http://twineandtwitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that photo! Says it all! Crochet lover!

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are such happy colours and look great together! Can't wait to see the finished tadah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love how cheerful your crochet is :) such lovely colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh...I wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your post on creative spaces...I love your style.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours! Looks like it is going to be a cute project that one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking great, lovely colour combination.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intrigueing! I love the colour combination and was just about to ask about the really cute pin cushion untill I saw it pop up in the side bar. :) I'm a few days behind in my blog reading, so think I'll have to bypass the random order the reader sends them to me in and read all of yours first to find out what you've been making!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all u make, and Kitty Cat is my wallpaper on cell phone! I'm 71 years young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!