Monday, October 31, 2011

Not out of the loop anymore........


Hello.
 I was is the newsagent today, and look what I found...... the Molly Makes magazine.  It is the first time I have seen it anywhere round here, and it looks like we are a few months behind, but better late than never!   Apparently they are getting 2 copies a month, so I had better be on my toes to make sure I can score one!


 I liked the stories about the craftsters and their homes and work spaces, and all the crafty eye candy, like this page, wish we had a shop like this somewhere around here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------


I have started my crochet doll, this is as far as I have got, time for arms and legs I think.

Cup Day tomorrow, lunch at mum and dad's place, Gary and I will try to pick a winner or 2, I am sure there will be a sweep to take part in as well. ( Last year Gary and I picked the trifecta for the Cup, very exciting!!).  It is the only day of the year when we have a little punt, and it is kind of fun!

Hope you have a great day!

( Oh,  and the last day of Blogtoberfest, Yay!  I was not very good at it this year, lots of gaps, luckily back to normal transmission for November, so no self imposed guilt trips!)

9 comments:

  1. Mollie Makes is great fun Jules, enjoy xox look forward to seeing your dolly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new stripey blanket you're making. Would it be alright with you if I borrowed your idea to crochet a baby blankie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need to open your own store in your area. We will shop you online too. I will anyway. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get Mollie Makes either and have never seen it in Florida, although I have hunted for it. It looks like so much fun!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little stripe behind the doll! Mollie Makes looks lovely but I've never bought it before. Maybe you can ask the shop to reserve you a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished crochet doll.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jules, as it says on the cover of M.M. it's for 'people who love the crafty life'............so you must be one of two in the area, congrats..

    I would definitely get the newsagent to reserve your copy because when word gets around, those two copies will disappear very quickly.

    I get my copy reserved, as do others I know, but if I miss out for some reason I know who I can stalk till they loan me theirs, hehehe........

    Love the tea-time favourites on page 20, they look good enough to eat. Perhaps I should whip up a plate of them for supper at the craft night this week.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying to get my local newsagent to stock Mollie Makes for 3 months now. Lucky you for discovering it at yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky find. None of the newsagents in my area stock this. I'm thinking of asking my sister in the UK for a subscription as a Christmas present. Enjoy! Love your found WIP knitted blanket. Definitely worth finishing, it will be gorgeous.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!