Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Winter wandering........


........had a little squelch around the garden today. Sigh. We have had so much rain this winter and everything is very soggy. And weedy. And overgrown.
I need to spend a lot of time out there, and soon!

Such a change from the drought Winters of the last several years, I had forgotten what a normal wet Winter was like.


........it was nice to see the snowbells out, and lots of other bulbs about to burst into flower......


........the vegie gardens are in various states of disrepair, but the Winter sun did look lovely through the leaves of the silverbeet......


........and the leeks are going strong, one of the only things that are growing well at the mo.....


.....this poor area is needing a big make over, hang my head in shame! The celery is struggling and the tuscan kale is still producing, but only just! And kikuya going mental!! I can never seem to get on top of that stuff!
I think that if the sun is out tomorrow and things dry out a little bit I am going to have to get Stuck Into The Garden.
(I haven't shown you pictures of the front, due to it's terrible state of neglect, I'm only going to show you the 'after' pictures once I've done a huge clean up. haha..)

Sorry there are no crochet updates today, I had to post about the garden to try and make myself get out there and fix it up a bit. I love gardening, but have been very remiss in my maintenance lately, due to bad weather, too much craftiness, etc, so this might be the spur on I need!

Craftiness returns soon, have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures-- Thank you so much for sharing!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love a bit of leek, me!
    Such a lush garden. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, your Silverbeet looks rather lush compared to my mangled, chook eaten specimen.

    Dont' berate yourself too much, I'm in the same boat as you and I figure once you're on a creating binge it doesn't leave alot of room for gardening especially in Winter. Come Spring, sunshine and warmth you'll be up to your armpits in soil once again.

    Lovely and sunny here this morning, just might have to pull out a weed or two (hundred!!).

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your vegies are growing. I planted tons of seed and nothing is bigger than 2 or 3 inches high. I wish I had a magic wand so that my garden would do what I wanted it to do!
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!