Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New things in the workspace....


soooo.... I have been a bit slack on the blogging thing recently, life has been busy and there is so much devastation around with natural disasters in Japan and New Zealand that I haven't been in a terribly creative mood......but I have got back into it today.

We went down to Geelong to visit Gary's dad for the long weekend, which was fun and a nice break, I took my knitting and got a fair bit of a scarf done, till I reached a bit with limey green and hadn't bought the colour with me, doh!

I thought I'd show you my supposed work space, which I have recently tried to spruce up a bit, to encourage me to sit there and be creative!
It looks a bit of a mess, but this is actually pretty tidy for me.

In the photo above, you can see my 'inspiration board' with a few pretty pictures pinned on it. I went through a little phase of buying gorgeous inspiring cards with images that I like, the only problem is I keep having to use them for emergency gifts that I forget to buy cards for!



Now I come to the things that prompted this post - my new green and red storage baskets!
Aren't they lovely? I treated myself when I checked out the Geelong Spotlight, I really like them, and they are practical too!


.....and from another view...


Wanna see what's in them?

....perfect for crochet cotton (14 balls in there), and some lovely multi coloured wool that I couldn't resist, also from Geelong Spotlight. (they had a lot of different stuff to the one close to me).
I think a couple of bright, crazy stripey scarves would look great in this stuff.

I have a couple of new ideas floating around the old head, and just need to knuckle down and give them a go, I think I am worried they won't turn out like I am visioning, so am putting off trying. How stupid, just do it woman!! More on these at a later date!

Oh, something else, I am thinking of starting a knitting/crochet group locally, so if anyone lives on the Western Port side of the Mornington Peninsula and would like to get together, stay tuned! or give me an email. Maybe a Brown Owl Group ?

Ok that's about all for now , I am going to try and post more often I promise, but my life is pretty boring, so you have been warned!! Haha...

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Such a nice working spot! I love the colors.
    Isn't it fun just to look at those lovely yarn? I do. I suggested here that we move out all the books so that I could stuff the shelves with yarn, haha. They didn't think it was a good idea...
    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work space looks lovely Jules , so much light and pretty colours. And that yarn looks scrummy. The colours are so you.
    I'd love to come to your craft group ,shame it's not possible . At least we can share inspiration and makes here :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some of that funky yarn this week too! LOVE it. Also loved the discount Spotlight were giving this week! Your work space looks very inspiring but I know exactly how you feel about all that's going on. Go for it with your ideas, you'll never know if you don't try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jules what a lovely light filled room.
    Great storage containers and lovely yarn too. Love the colours of your jar cover.

    Glad you've managed to get back into the creative side of things.
    Look forward to seeing what your'e working on.
    Give the new ideas a go and if they don't work out the first time, you'll sort it soon enough.

    This week has just flown after a long weekend, always throws me out of whack, but hey anther weekend is looming.........

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been putting off cleaning and organizing my craft room because it will no doubt take a full day! Thank you for inspiring me to get started by showing us your tidy little space. Trust me, that IS tidy compared to mine! I just love the baskets! Hope I can find something pretty and useful like that here in the U.S. for a reasonable price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great space to do all your crafty bits n bobs! I have just moved into a new house and i have a spare room to turn into a craft/sewing room.. you have given me some good ideas, i like the inspiration board too!!
    Pop over to my blog sometime http://sharkyknows-charles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jules

    I would be interested in a craft group but not sure if it would be suitable at the moment.First, I live on the Pt Phillip side of Morn Pen. Second, I have two permanent attachments aged 2 and 7 months who need pretty constant supervision. If those hurdles could be overcome I would love to join you. If you think these are workable send me an email. My email contact is on my blog profile page. :) PS Love your craft area. I wish I had a place like that, maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!