Saturday, August 14, 2010

new granny square love


Hello! I thought I would show you the start of my next crochet creation. Inspired by the sunburst granny pattern at Sarah London's page, this is my next blankie, maybe for my sisters new baby in January or maybe not! These 2 photos show the squares without the orange ones...





.....and these are the squares with the orange rounds. Has a completely different feel doesn't it?






I think I might make something with just this colour palette, I quite like the coolness of the blues, red, white, and greens all together.





Here are the first 9 completed squares all mixed up together, I am happy with the colours and how they sit together. I think it should look nice and cheery and bright when its all finished, the orange gives it a bit of a lift I think. We will see how it looks as it grows!

Have a great weekend, we are off to Melbourne for a night in the city with the family, should be fun! Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I prefer the one's without the orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the grannies! I will have to go and find her patterns, I love unusual grannies...
    orange is such a funny colour isn't it! I like the way the orange lifts the other colours, but I also like the ones without.
    No help sorry!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great colours. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the pattern posted somewhere? I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. çok çok beğendim ..bende yapacağım ..TÜRKİYEden selamlar ..*-*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you crocheting with wool or acrylic?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!