Wednesday, January 4, 2017

new blanket beginnings



Hello there!

It's been a beautiful day here, and I've been making some little granny squares for a new baby blanket.  It's been lots of fun! :)

What do you think of these gorgeous soft colours?
I'm enjoying playing with all the colour combinations, I am going for a bit of a vintage/retro vibe with the colours in this blanket, I think the slightly washed out, faded pastels are very pretty.

Hopefully I will get lots of squares made over the next few lazy week of Summer, this kind of feels like a Summer blanket. :)



I'm using  MoYa Caresse cotton, this is an Aran weight cotton, really great to crochet with, and is working up quite quickly with a 5mm hook, the texture is beautiful!  They are going to need a bit of blocking as I am trying to get a nice solid granny square, so have crammed in the stitches. 

I'm planning on making about 80 squares, so nothing too big, and it should actually get finished!! 

I'll post a few progress updates as this grows, I had forgotten how fun mini squares can be! 

Have a great day/night wherever you are! 

xxxxxxx




15 comments:

  1. Ohlala that looks fantastic!!! Greetings from Switzerland Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not usually a pastel blanket kind of person, but these colors have enough oomph, ya know?
    :) m & jb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are like those you see with bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these squares and would like to do this. Can you tell me the pattern you used? Thanks chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice colours! Let me miss spring! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are back blogging. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post was a great reminder to me that summer is happening, just not in my country where it is currently freezing cold. I love the colours and patterns of your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good .... I'm in the process of doing a cotton crochet blanket as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. superbe une belle avancée si tu veux participer a mon defi grannys profite c' est demain matin il te suffite de me dire par commentaire je participet et j' ajoutteta photo c' est tout a bientôt meilleurs voeux

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colors, my dear! It's a great beginning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the colors and the look of the squares

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bright bold colors. Your palette however has reminded me how beautiful soft pastels are! I now have an idea on how to use some pastel yarn I purchased because it was reduced! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely squares... it will be a great summer blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks beautiful, I love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colours, they will be a gorgeous blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!