Friday, December 14, 2012

Life now.....




Hi there.
How're things going for you at the moment? Busy? Cruisey? Hot? Cold?
It is pretty crazy here at this time of year, but I think we only have 1 more end of year official thing, wish will be nice, and then there are a few fun social Christmas catchups to be had, then the Summer holidays begin! Yay!  I am really looking forward to some holiday time with nothing much planned except hanging out with the family, beaching, swimming, reading, and maybe a bit of crochet time too!


Since I missed my Slow Living report for November, here's a bit of a catch up of what's been happening around here...........


My sweet peas are just about finished after a few days of very hot, humid weather, but I took a couple of photos to remind me of their gorgeous colour.  Next year I am going to plant a series of sweet pea teepees so I can have them in real abundance.






........the roses have been good this year, I love the colour of this one......


 ......potatoes are going well, although I think I have killed a few plants by mulching with grass clippings that got too hot and cooked the plants, next time I will let the clippings compost separately and cool down before I use them on the garden....




....Raspberries have been enjoyed by all, I have been trying to weigh them as we harvest and I think I got to around 9 kgs, which is a pretty good harvest!  I think the boys have been eating a lot straight  from the garden too.........



.....we also harvested a patch of beetroot, which was made into a yummy beetroot salad in the school cooking class.  The zucchinis are already building up in the fridge, I am eating one a day with dinner, but there is still a big back log to get through!



I have been trying to have a bit of a tidy up and Get Organised, so I have sorted all my cookbooks into one bookshelf, instead of randomly all around the house, next thing to do is clear off my sideboard and make it look pretty again.  I don't know about you, but we seem to accumulate a massive amount of scrap paper, old bills, notices, receipts, junk mail and random notes, I think de-papering our place is also high on my to-do list.


......all nice and organised! (for now anyway)


So I am going to hit the shops next week and get stuck into the present getting, there's nothing like leaving it too the last week to make Christmas feel that little bit more crazy!!  I like it, there is such a festive feel in the air.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
What are you doing?  Partying? Relaxing? Working? A bit of everything?

8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your garden. Those sweet peas are gorgeous, I think I can smell them. And that rose;....beautiful color. have a good weekend. I have a christmas market sunday with my creatif club here in france. Wheather is rainy and windy, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your lovely summery pictures - it's frrrrrrrreeeeeezing here in England!
    And reassuring too that I'm not the only one who will be rushing around next week doing the Christmas shopping!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful things in your life right now. Your garden has been most productive. So many cook books! I have only a few. Perhaps a few more are needed!

    It's hot here, the baby is asleep and the boys are out at the hardware shop, preparing to finish off our new garden shed. I have another batch of tomato jam planned and hopefully some knitting too, before heading to a friends 30th party tonight.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Raspberries and beets, two of my favorites! Your garden and roses look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've got a really amazing pickle for zucchinis http://podandthreepeas.blogspot.com.au/search/label/pickles
    its really delicious, easy and pretty x hope you and you gang have a lovely christmas, i'm completely jealous of those raspberry bushes ! 9kgs thats about a million dollars worth if you bought them from woolys

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9kgs of raspberries! You must be happy with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tidy bookshelf! Ours are a disgrace and now I'm inspired to clean them. As for Christmas shopping, I've been going nuts online over the last couple of days and I'm nearly there now. It's a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to do the same thing. I think I will try to get started organizing this week before Christmas and then keep on into the New Year! What a joy it would be to start the New Year organized.
    Your garden is wonderful. It is the wrong season for ours, but I need to start planning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!