Friday, August 10, 2012

What to do on a chilly day....


Yesterday was a typical mid winter day, cold and rainy with gale wind gusts and hail on and off throughout the day.  There were also bouts of sunshine while we waited for the next rain band to move across.  It was not good gardening weather, which was what I wanted to do, so I had to resort to plan B which entailed a bit of shopping of the wooly kind!


I picked up a few new shades for my stripey blanket, and stocked up on a few favourites that I am nearly out of, essential buying you know!  I am particularly happy with the spearminty green, I think it is a newe colour they have introduced as I haven't seen it before, it looks good with the light aqua and lime shades that I use all the time.

I am thinking of trying to supply some of my favourite yarns through my little online shop.  
What do you think? 
Would you guys like to be able to buy some of the yarns I use?  
Maybe I could put them in 'colour theme packs' with ones that I think combine well, ready for making into granny blankets........hmmmmm...
I think an online shop is as close to my little craft shop dream as I am going to get at the moment!
But I digress.....


 I can't wait to get stuck into the blanket with all these lovely colours to add.

Thank you so much to all the lovely peeps who are going top stitch along with me, it's going to make it extra fun I think!  
Have you got your colours in mind or are you stash busting for this one?

Have a great day!
See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. I do like your idea about stocking the yarns you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just done the same thing (online yarn selling). Totally recommend it, if only for the guilt-free yarn shopping. Buying to sell is not at all like buying to keep. It doesn't even count as yarn buying, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you should sell yarn packs! I love the colors you use and am ready to order! Especially a pack for your Mixed Stripey Blanket, love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my blankie will be a stash-buster, but I haven't really made up my mind yet. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes pleeeeease!! I've just crocheted 4 cusion covers all trying to imitate yours and none of them look right!! I'm about to start on the fifth and my colours just don't seem to go together like yours - I would certainly appreciate a yarn pack!!! I looooovvve the colours you use!! thanks for the lovely ideas and great reading on your blog!!

    Kathy, FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Jules,

    I say go for it. People like the convenience of not having to hunt around for specific things when they want to start a project.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting for you to sell them since you mentioned it in another post. Resounding yes from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please! I live in Texas and the yarn choice here is terrible. I've been looking for somewhere online to buy from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI. I was wondering if you use acrylics, wool or a blend for your stripy blanket. I mean what are you most used yarns?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please, please, please sell your yarns!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both colour ways but especially like the second colour way. The yarn looks lovely, I would adore the opportunity to try it, I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Love your star stitch blankets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!