Monday, November 28, 2011

Raspberry jam = yum!


Hello! 
How was your weekend?

From now till Christmas our weekends are looking pretty full, lots of catch ups and parties to attend, and all the end of year school things too, plus a birthday, so we will be busy, busy, busy!!

Saturday it just poured with rain, so I tried to do some housework and tidy the place up as we were having my in laws over for dinner.  Nice pleasant evening, I cooked calamari again, and it was yum!



 Yesterday the rain stopped, so I could pick the raspberries that were ready, I picked 1.7 kg! 
Max was impressed!  It has been a great crop so far this season, all up I have picked 3.9 kg, and there are plenty more to come. 


I decided to make some jam from 1kg of these ones and max and Andre ate the rest, they are loving being able to gorge on raspberries.


 .........very simple recipe, equal sugar to fruit and 2 tbsp lemon juice............
.....low heat till sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil for 15 - 20 minutes,.........
.....pour into sterilised jars while hot and seal!


 ........this is what I ended up with, 5 jars of homemade raspberry jam, 
and I have to say it is pretty damn delicious!!
So I'm feeling quite the little home maker at the moment, loving my little self sufficient morning!


hope you had some fun on your weekend!

PS. Also did quite a bit of crafting, looking forward to showing you what's going on on this front very soon!

Bye.

10 comments:

  1. That raspberry jam looks delicious. My aunt and uncle have an orchard in the Dandenongs and when I was a teenager and in my early twenties I would stay with them every picking season and help on the farm. Picking raspberries was my favourite. I didn't even mind the prickles!
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules, thanks for posting your jam recipe.........
    Raspberry jam is one of my favourites

    We're picking loads of berries (hubby can't remember what they are) but they are delish. The raspberries are coming along nicely too.

    Need to make some jam so have been looking for recipes.
    Love your jars but don't recognise the shape. Are they recycled?

    We're enjoying a sunny day after a rather damp weekend (3 inches of rain!) Have a great week,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raspberry jam is my favorite. I love it. Wish I was at your house right now with some bread. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy that jam looks good! I have been eating a lot of raspberries lately. Wish I had enough to make jam. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks yummy! I planted rasberry bushes this year but they were too young for berries. Maybe next year. How many bushes do you need to get enough to make a batch of jam?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic season for raspberries. I like mine frozen or fresh and added to smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy You! It's winter over here in France... no more raspberries, my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jam looks fantastic, I'm hoping next year my raspberries will be mature enough to give me a bumper crop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....sounds and looks yummy. I am so excited for make it. It such a great and testy. I want to make it tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!