Friday, November 26, 2010

Finished knitted bunting....


Sooooooo...... I finished a project last night and here it is - my knitted bunting! I am really happy with it and it makes me feel happy just looking at it floating across the corner of the family room. I need lots more of these!! I am really into the whole gypsy/carnival feel and these fit the bill perfectly! I think they would also look gorgeous in a babies nursery strung across a window or something.


The triangle bunting behind the new one was made earlier this year, but it is knitted in 100% wool and doesn't hang quite as well as the new cotton one.


Gee, hanging things are hard to photograph!
Have a great day!

I am putting a link to a great linky crochet/ kniting weekly thing that I have joined in over at Annemarie's Brieblog, have a look there are lots of lovely projects happening!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! They look very nice!! Wish it was my birthday :-)
    Back to another one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunting look so nice and if they were upside down they would look like those little beach houses on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, they are absolutely bloody gorgeous. I'm in love with them. Sorry to be so thick but how did you attach them to the stringy thingy? What did you use for the stringy thing?

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I was worried about curling on the side seams, but these seem to be sitting well! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words guys,
    Loo- The stringy thing is just a long chain of crochet that I made. So chain up to where you want a flag then slip stitch into each top stitch of the flag and then chain to the next one. Does that make sense? When I had all the flags joined together and a bit extra at the ends to tie the bunting onto something, I turned it around and slip stitched back along the chain to thicken it up a bit.
    Have a good day ladies! jules

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!