Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flower power!



Yah! Spring is finally here, hoping for some warmer weather coming our way. I have been a bit preoccupied with making some cute little flowers, they are quite addictive! I've used a few different patterns and yarns, Lucy at Attic 24's flowers are below, and above is a simple flower I found at About mo and Me. They are so bright and colourful and quick to make! My sister is turning some into hairclips for my nieces, and I want a whole heap for the beautiful flowery garland on Mo and Me 's blog, it is just gorgeous!

These are pretty small as I made them on a tiny 2mm hook with 4ply wool so they would be nice and firm, I don't like them too 'gappy' and floppy. The pale pink cotton one is a bit too floppy and open for my liking, but I'm sure if I made a few in different colours they would look great all together, I have some other nice shades in this cotton, so will have a go. I'm not sure if I like working in cotton, it's something I'm going to have to get used to I think.



Happy Spring crocheting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Spring and your crochet flowers are just telling us that! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! I love the colours and they look so soft!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!