OK here we go people, the stripey blanket all finished, wrapped up, complete!
Be warned quite a few photos in this post!
.....here it is on our bed.....
......I like it folded long ways too.......
.......it looks quite small folded on the bed, but here I am looking happy with myself, so you can see that it is bigger than I am!.....
I am very happy how this has finished up, pretty close to how I imagined it!
So a few facts for you all:
* the finished blanket weighs around 2kgs, so takes 20 100g balls of wool to make, no wonder it took a while!
*I used a variety of 100% 8ply wools in the blanket, brands include Colourworks, Cleckheaton Country 8ply, Bendigo Wool Mill, and some others that I can't remember.
These are the left over bits of the wools I used, I think all the colours are here, 18 in all I think!
*Sorry ladies, I made the pattern up as I went, so don't have a pattern to show you as such. I think part of this blanket's charm is the random nature of the pattern, so I think just have a go at varying the stitches and colours and see how you go.
It is lovely and cosy and warm, I am sure it will get lots of use next winter!
So that is the end of the Stripey Blanket, it's been quite an epic crochet adventure, and I thank you all for the lovely encouragement I have received along the way, I am happy so many of you like this blanket!
The edge that I ended up doing was quite plain, as there is already plenty going on in the main blanket I think!
Pleased to report that my anti weaving in edging seemed to work!
I ended up crocheting around in sc, then 4 rows of dc along each side that had all the loose yarns to weave in. Then I folded over the dc rows to form a casing for the yarn ends and sewed this edge down. Hey presto, yarn ends all safe and sound hidden inside the edge!
Hope that makes sense.
Have a great day!