Monday, January 8, 2018

Sock knitting in 2018


Hello there!  Happy New Year 2018! 
2017 went by in such a blur, I really hope this year meanders a bit more so there is time to do all the things properly.  Enjoy, relax  and savour the process of making, and not the 'half arsed, that will have to do, run out of time' rush of a year like 2017!  
I'm sure I will make big plans that never get realised, it happens every year.  I think I will do a priority list so at least the things I really want to try get done!

Which brings me to Sock Knitting.  :) 
I am so in love with sock yarn, I really want to make All The Socks, there are just so many beautiful colours and clever dyers and challenging patterns out there! 
I'm thinking a doable goal would be one pair a month for 2018, that would give me 12 pairs or 24 individual socks, (because I just know I'm not going to want to make a second matching sock, they can be samples for the shop of all the amazing yarns!) Surely I can manage that! 

I'm off to a good start anyway, the photos are of my first sock for the year, I started it on the weekend and am going to go and turn the heel after I finish this so hopefully I'll have one finished later this week! 

I'm loving the combo of charcoal with the amazing speckles, 
I still have a couple of skeins of these in the shop I think, but will have to order more, its so lovely! 
The pattern I'm using is the excellent 4ply Basic Sock pattern from Winwick Mum



There are so many colours speckled through this yarn!



Anyway, that's the first of my yarny ambitions for 2018, I'm sure I'll come up with plenty more! 
There are lots of new yarns coming to the shop over the next few months, I am always inspired by new yarns and just have to give them a try out, so lots of new projects are sure to be started, and maybe even finished! :) 

Have a great day my crafty friends, Julie xxx

9 comments:

  1. Your sock is looking fabulous Julie!! That really is an amazing colourway, and the charcoal touch is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty yarn, it seems a shame to consider making only one sock in it! Good luck with your goal for this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yarn. Hope all goes well with your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To avoid sss (second sock syndrom) I always knit my socks 2-at-a-time. When finished, they are BOTH finished! I knit them toe-up on 1 circular needle, and it's so much fun, I always have a pair on my needles. But with the shop, I understand you prefer singles, to have twice as much examples of the several yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your yarn and the neon yellow is just fab, I've just bought 6 balls of sock yarn West Yorkshire Spinners today but I would have easily bought all yours if only I lived closer ! But with all the sock inspiration from crocheters I'm definately going to get a pair made this month and I'm planning on using Winwickmum pattern as well as it is poised printed and ready for action on my sofa, good luck with your other socks, your sock line in store is going to look fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty yarn! On my list this year is to knit my first ever pair of socks - we shall see.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Making socks is one of my 2018 ambitions too. Haha! I too have got the yarn and the Winwickmum pattern at the ready. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a doable ambition. Might just have to knit along with you.
    We all wear odd socks in my family, so much easier.
    Happy New Year and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!