Sunday, October 22, 2017

Home Decoration in Crochet by Tanya Eberhardt


Hi there my crafty friends!  How's your October going?  It has been a busy month for me, but then again this whole year seems to have flown by, life away from the computer has been full on!

Anyway, I have still been finding time to crochet so it's all good. :) 

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a copy of a gorgeous new crochet book called 'Home Decoration in Crochet' by Tanya Eberhardt, and was asked to take part in a blog hop to celebrate the release of the book.  I was happy to say yes! You might already know that Tanya has a fabulous crochet and knitting blog called Little Things Blogged, and now she has written this beautiful book full of lovely crochet designs to make for your home. I also think there are lots of projects in this book that would make great gifts!

I decided to try out this cute doily pattern, because I really love the colours in the photos of the 3 sizes of doily, and I like their updated retro feel.   The pattern was easy to follow and had both written and graphic instructions which I really liked, (often I like to refer to the graphic pattern to get an overview of the design).
I think it has turned out really well, I have decided I'm going to have an ongoing project, making pot holders and doilies when I find cute patterns, and make an installation on a wall in the shop, I think this might be my first one to pop on the wall!
There are several projects in this book that I'd like to make, and with designs for blankets, cushions, bags and lots of smaller projects like pin cushions and jar cosies, there is something for every skill level!  I also really liked the geometric popcorn cushion pattern, that might be the next one I try out!

There are lots of other bloggers taking part in the blog hop, sharing lots of different projects from the book, you can find the schedule on Tanya's post over here.



Talk soon peeps, I'm off to do some crochet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi i pre ordered your book a while ago now and i'm really looking forward to it doilys and pot holders are my favourite things to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!