Sunday, March 29, 2015

Progress on the wool studio!


Hello!  How has your weekend been?  

We have had a lovely start to the school holidays, perfect weather today, and a nice week forecast ahead, I have lots of gardening planned and a lot of Little Woollie business to attend to while the boys relax and enjoy their break. 

I thought I would show you how my wool studio is progressing, I am hoping to get it finished this week and then paint over the Easter break, very exciting!! 


... so here is the dividing wall going up to give us a smaller storage area at the back for all our junk and the studio at the front, that's Ed, our friend who is a great carpenter, and doing this reno for us. :)


.... looking towards the front with the garage doors gone and the new glass doors and windows in, starting to look like a room!  



............And here are the cubby hole shelves being installed to become part of the wall.....


......framing is all done, ready for plastering......


.......plaster is in place ready for finishing.......


....here is my wall of pigeon hole shelves with the plaster in place, you can get an idea of what this will look like when its finished now, there is not too much more to do!  
It is very exciting, almost time to start thinking about colours to paints this space!  

Next up Ed is going to finish the plastering and lay the floor, hopefully finished this week, before Easter.  I am going to paint it myself with the help of my dad, and then I can do the fun stuff like filling those shelves and decorating this crafty space!  I have been a bit impatient and already placed a new order for Cascade 220 Superwash in a heap of colours, 
I am sure I will fill up this extra space fairly quickly! 

Next time I show you it will be all finished and I can do a big tadah! 

It has been all about wooly things around here recently, I have got a few finishing touches to put on my first newsletter before I send it out on Wednesday, if you are interested in receiving a newsletter from my little wool shop, feel free to sign up, I will be having special offers and other interesting things, should be quite exciting as my little shop continues to grow bit by bit.


So that's about all I have today,  have you got anything interesting happening this week? 
Are you you going away for Easter, or having a few days at home? 

Talk soon! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




25 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, I would be giddy with excitement if this were my very own creative space. It's looking great........
    I'm sure you'll have it looking amazing by the end of the Easter break......xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! I'm happy for you! It looks great already, I look forward to seeing the colors you choose and the final Ta dah. Mainly just staying home for the Easter holiday here, perhaps a picnic if the weather is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking wonderful, looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations it looks great I love the design of the shelves floating in the wall, it will look amazing. ...it's all so exciting.
    A skylight will save you heaps of electricity , if at all possible I would try to get one put in. A mirror would also bring in lots of light to show off all your fantastic beautiful yarns, it will look like a treasure cave in there ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your suggestions - natural light is essential for getting a true idea of a yarn's colour to avoid disappointment. It has happened to me before when I purchased something for its particular shade and then when I got it outside in natural light, realised that it wasn't quite what I wanted after all. That is also something to watch with online shopping too. It is important to have one's monitor settings correctly calibrated.

      Delete
  5. I think if it were me, I'd go for lighter colors - because your yarns, etc. will really POP then!

    You are SOOOO lucky! I wish I had a place like that - for sewing, winding my yarn and STORING all my stash!
    I just love the cubbies on the wall,..that is awesome! I am jealous! shame on you for making me feel such bad things, like jealousy! :>)

    Excellent! I'm very happy for you1

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! can't wait to see it finished & i agree with Margaret too, sky light would save you heaps in power & lighten the rooms up heaps. the mirrors sound interesting...
    looking forward to your ta dah moment
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo c'est très bien bonne journée Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you. It will be a fabulous creative space. Siring greetings from Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that wall of pigeon holes! You must be so excited with the work going on, I love renovations, they give you a sense of moving forward and creativity. Can't wait to see what colour you chose............ the possibilities are endless, are you walking around with a big bundle of paint chips? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so exciting!!This is so important for a knitter to have a wool studio.
    Yours looks very great!
    I am looking forward to the studio finished!
    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, so exciting to see the space coming together! We're staying put for Easter, but planning to do plenty of baking and crafting :)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my gosh! Those cubbies!!!! I can't wait to see the finished room, it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to look great when it's finished. I must admit I'm a little jealous, I'd love to have a space like that for my craft. Did you buy the pigeon hole shelves already made or did someone make them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fantastic! I'm sure you are very excited and can't wait to get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ed is doing great job, is he married? lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I can already see the storage boxes filled!! Can't wait to see pics of the finished studio!!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting!! It's so inspiring to see this passion moving you forward.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is looking great and I LOVE those shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How very exciting for you and wonderful that you have such helpful friends! ;-)
    Your studio is very special. Enjoy your weekend working on it, but not too hard - you don't want your arms too sore to crochet!
    Best wishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I ended up posting an Easter post and chose to link back to this one of yours to share what everyone is doing this Easter weekend (and it means it is easy for me to revisit too!) I hope you don't mind. As I write this, I am trying to imagine how much more work you have managed to complete on your studio but also wish that you have time to enjoy traditional Easter goodness as well. :-)

      Delete
  20. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! your very own wool store, love all those pigeon holes, I can just imagine them filled with yummy yarn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!