Thursday, August 21, 2014

little boots


Hello.  How is your week going? 
I am being quite productive on the crochet front, which is a good thing!  
I have been making some cute little booties for my market stall.  I just realised I have only got 16 days till it's on and am thinking I won't have time to make everything I'd like to, but I will give it my best shot! 
Anyway, these are fun to make and I think they are really sweet boots for little feet.  I think they have a bit of a gypsy feel to them. 

I am using a pattern by Mamachee called Galilee boots, and it is very well written and easy to do.  I bought it from her shop on Etsy over here if you are interested.
My only problem is that they are made in worsted weight yarn that is apparently very easy to come by in the US, however here in Australia there is quite a limited range of colour available in this weight.  I am having trouble finding nice colours, but I have tried to made the most of the colours I have found, they still look cute I think.  
I am trying to do some boyish colours and some more girlish ones too, although I would love to get some nice strong pastels to play with, I don't know if that will happen.
Ok, I had better go and weave in all the ends that I have stuffed in the toes for this photo! 






Have you been making anything today? 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

31 comments:

  1. Booties are gorgeous. Colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely and colorful ! I loved !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just adorable! Bravo!
    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, the colour combinations are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your market stall. These bootees are lovely and surefire sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are totally adorable! I've been working on a ring pillow for a family wedding - exciting! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little boots. I like them with applegreen the most. What size are the soles of your booties?

    Have a nice day, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought your 8 ply like our DK is more or less the same as worsted weight yarn

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and I love all your colour ways. They will surely keep little toes very snug and warm.

    H x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous wee boots. I'm also sewing in ends - on a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are the cutest thing!!! I would love a pair of slippers like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous booties! I know what you mean about the yarn. I recently had to find some and all I could find was dk weight or stuff that technically has no weight it's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet are these and how terrible for you all not to be able to find great colors of worsted weight! Yarn companies are missing out on a huge market in your part of the world! Shipping from the US to overseas is appalling. Good luck with the show and I think the colors combos on the booties is spot on!

    Best to you from the USA,
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/08/scarves-mittens-purse-and-some-exciting.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done a fabulous job with your limited color choices I must say they're adorable! (I have the same problem with chunky wt. yarn) You have such a wonderful eye for color. I recently saw some booties that looked like strawberries somewhere and thought they where cute, basically worked in single crochet in red then one or two rows around the top in green with little white "seeds" added afterwards. My hooky time usually happens in the evening while watching tv. Recently it's been with cotton yarns and making kitchen accessories gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, your booties are so charming! How I wish I were able to attend your marketplace and shop in person.
    Looking forward to seeing photos of your stall all stocked up and ready to sell. . . .

    Best wishes from Oregon, USA! (I wonder if folks there still use the term "across the pond" ?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're all so lovely and too cute! Fab job - they'll leap off your stall, I'm sure! Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ils sont vraiment trop mignons !!!!
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  18. The booties are so cute. I love the colour combinations you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are adorable!!! Love them to bits, you clever thing. I reckon they'll walk themselves out of the stall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How very very cute!!!!! Wish I had little feet!!!! Have a happy week!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! May I link back to this post in the future? I am in the midst of baby crochet myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!