Wednesday, January 16, 2013

yarn along


Hellooo....

How are you all?  

I'm good, holiday mode is in full swing, the boys are sleeping in till late morning,  lots of time for some quiet crochet before the heat of the day sets in.  We are heading for a scorcher tomorrow, so will probably look for a swim at some stage.  Lots of icy drinks and lazing about in the shade,  holiday time really does suit me, I think I have a lazy streak that is able to indulged at this time of year!   haha..

Anyhoo, I am joining in with Ginny and the yarn along gang today,  I have been reading lots of lovely crochet, crafty type books recently, getting all inspired and full of ideas.  This one, 'Simple Crochet' is a lovely looking book with some very nice projects in it, and the photos are beautiful. I went a bit crazy before Christmas and bought a heap of new books, and am enjoying browsing through them now when things are more leisurely and relaxed. 

I have started working on another star stitch blanket this week.  It is quite exciting, a lovely reader emailed me and asked if she could order a blanket from me, of course I said yes!  So here I am with an actual crochet commission!  Who would have thought!  Anyway, I am quite chuffed and it is growing at a respectable rate, so hopefully will be finished before too long.

I hope you are all having a good week, and stay cool and safe in the heat, or stay warm and cosy in the cold to all the Northern Hemisphere ladies....

Talk soon  xx


10 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your new star stitch blanket!
    Have a nice day!
    marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Commission!!! And what a lovely blanket it is too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, star stitch. I love it, and it hates me. I'm a pretty good crocheter, usually, but I just can't keep the right hand edge of anything I do in star stitch straight. I have now given up in high dudgeon, and can only drool over the lovely creations of people like you without my strange affliction!

    Blanket looks lovely, and it must be lovely to be paid for something you love, and would do anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, how lovely to get a commission, well done!
    Enjoy the lovely sunshine - I'm sooooo jealous, freezing here in England!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats :) The blanket is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great looking blanket and congrats on the crochet comission..enjoy your relaxing holiday times. I'm popping over from Ginny's for the first time, it looks like fun yarning along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket is beautiful, beautiful colors!
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can NEVER make my star stitch projects look good like yours and others, any pointers?? I think the stitch is really cool....as in cool for your day?? It is the complete opposite here...we might get to 40 degrees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good way to spend the day! Yes chilly here in Scotland - blizzards expected on Friday....good blanket making weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (⁀‵⁀,) ✿♥♥♥♥♥♥
    .`⋎´✿✿¸.•°♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ✿¸. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!