Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New knitty love.....


Hello.
Last night I started a new little project that I came across while doing a bit of blog browsing.  It's a hexagon blanket, and I am smitten!  

Firstly I came across the lovely blog Thornton and her hexie blankie really caught my eye, and following the linking trail, I found the pattern on Ravelry, and 10 minutes later it was downloaded  and printed ready for me to try! 
Gotta love the internet!!

Have a look at Bobby's Garden, a pattern by Megan Rogers, it's really lovely and I can see a nice big knitty, patchworky blanket somewhere (a long way off) in my future!

So this is my first hexagon.  I was hoping to do a few more last night, but I forgot how tedious challenging I find it using double pointed needles, so there where a couple of false starts while I ironed out a few teething problems.  But I got there in the end, and tonight I am ready to add 1 or 2 if I am lucky onto this first one.  

It is supposed to be done in Noro (totally gorgeous by the way), but I am using sock yarn, as the only double pointed needles I had are that size, so my blanket is going to be much smaller than the pattern says, but that's ok.  I have a heap of 3ply soft baby merino that I think will work ok for it too, so hopefully this will be a stash busting blanket too, bonus!


Ok, better go and get clicky clacking,  the stripey blanket can have a rest tonight I think, I have new shiny things to play with!

Have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Hello from Belgium! Very nice blog! I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't knit...yet...but that hexagon of yours is enough to make me want to learn! How beautiful is that? Love the colors. Can't wait to see where you go with this project! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julie, I've just googled images of knitted hexagon blankets ... stunning!! Will be fun to watch yours progress : -)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must learn how to knit...It is so lovely and all those colors just blend together so nice.
    Can't wait to see it grow into something beautiful which I am sure it will. Have fun with it!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've already started! Good for you- the first one looks great and i'm more than positive that the sock yarn will turn out perfect for this project :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! It is gorgeous. I so need to learn to knit with double pointed needles, so far I have only managed very basic stitches. There is just so much to crochet at the moment! Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jules

    I have just had a peek on Thornton and was very impressed...that knitted blanket is fantastic but what about the photos of the little girls...wonderful!
    Looks like you've started your knitted hexie blanket and I like the colours you are using and the streaked ( IMO) look that knitting is giving it...different!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!