Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend happenings and music....

Well, today I thought I'd share some music that I have been listening to recently. I love cranking it up nice and loud when I'm home by myself so I can hear it from all parts of the house and have a sing along with out getting laughed at by the boys

Have a look at Camille's blog Camille Creates where she has a Music Tuesday and shows her latest listenings, so I am joining in too! (On a Saturday though!)

So here are a few albums that I really like this week:

Josh Pike - Chimney's Afire
Pearl Jam - rearviewmirror
Angus and Julia Stone - Down the way
Alexander- Alexander
( PS. Alexander - This is the lead singer from Edward Sharp and the magnetic zeros, his solo effort - very cool!)

What are you listening too?

------------------------------------------

This photo is just to prove ( to myself mostly) that I can get our lounge room tidy and inviting, now I need to get everyone to help keep it this way!!


Finished the lacy edge bit of my flower pot holder, just got to do the back piece now.

I think these guys look really nice and cosy in this soft warm light, just thought I'd show you for no reason really.

We have got a nice weekend ahead of us, dinner with friends, bit of gardening , bit of crafting, bit of cooking, and with the school holidays here the boys can just have fun and be happy!

Hope you have some fun planned too, have a good one!

PS. I am doing a post about my garden happenings on my other blog Garden of Plenty today if you are interested.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jules , all your softies look so happy together on the back of the sofa with it's crochet goodness :0)
    Hope your having a great weekend.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is 3rd time I have tried to leave a comment, blogger play nice I want to tell Julie,how much I love her crochet rug and those softies sitting up nice and straight, looking like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths............ Bet it's a different story when no one is looking, hehehe..

    I love all that crochet goodness in your lounge room, you always, always,always put together the best colour combinations and that pot holder. Way too gorgeous to be a humble pot holder, a work of art in itself.

    I spy a cute little Kombi on the table too.
    Shall have to check out Alexander, I am familiar with the other three. Saw Josh Pike open for the John Butler Trio at Festival Hall a few years ago.

    Sounds like you have a busy but enjoyable weekend ahead of you Jules, hope you have some nice Autumn weather to go with it.

    Enjoy the school hols and the break from the usual routine,

    Claire :} (with fingers and toes crossed!!)

    Thankyou blogger XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jules that flower pot holder is gorgeous. Where can I found the pattern ;-)

    I really like your dolls, they looks great on your blanket.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jules,
    What's beautiful blog!
    Could you said me what's the title of the book where is the model of your flower pot holder (as seen on the picture of your blog)?
    Sorry for my english (I'm french).
    Here's my e mail :m.sibilo@free.fr
    Martine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!