Monday, April 25, 2011

Anzac Day....


It is Anzac Day here today , so Gary was home and we had a nice family day not doing much.

It is also Max's 11th birthday tomorrow and we are having a little party, well, it was supposed to be a little party but somehow when I counted the number of people coming, I get 30 people, a mix of adults and children, but still 30 people! So I really should have been getting organised today, but the day just kind of slipped away from me!

I have just made cupcakes and they are rising so nicely I just had to take a picture for you, at least we will have cakes! (and I've made a birthday cake as well ).

I think I'll have an early morning tomorrow and make sausage rolls, fairy bread and pea and ham soup. Then I had better clean the house up!
We are having a BBQ for the main bit so that is easy. We are supposed to have beautiful weather tomorrow ,so I thought we might set up a bit of a garden party and eat outside, probably for the last time before winter sets in.
If it looks any good I'll try and take a picture and show you all.

Just thought I'd pop a little picture of the granny owls progress, I've actually done more than this and sewn the front and backs together, but it is a bit dark to take a piccy.
Anyhow, you can get the idea how they are looking from this photo.

So I'll be having a big fun day tomorrow celebrating my baby hitting 11, hope you have fun too!

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes, pea and ham soup, granny owls and birthdays.

    Lots of yummy things going on at yours Jules. Have a great day tomorrow,
    Babies's and birthdays.... .... mine's up for one on Thursday, ooh, time gets away.

    Enjoy your garden party,


    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely but pray tell what is fairy bread? I am intrigued - although I can't spell it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful day. Wasn't the weather just glorious?! I have been having a look at the groups on Ravelry and found a local one http://www.ravelry.com/groups/mornington-peninsula--bayside-stitchers. This might be up our alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add your comment, I love to receive comments and read them all, even if I don't get around to responding to you, I am just not that organised!